XV Pontifical Competition
"You are the hope of the Church. You are my hope "
- International Edition
the youth of the Church, which stands in front of the call of the new
millennium. You are the church of tomorrow, the Church of hope."
St. Pope John Paul II
(Homily at the mass ending the VI WYD, Czestochowa 15th of August, 1991)
The objectives of the competition:
Bringing young people attention to the significance of early years of
living as the key stage of each human being life, according to St. Pope
John Paul II. The Pope believed that the young people are the future of
nations, societies, youth of each family and the whole humanity, also
the youth and the future of Church.
2.Encouraging youth to search and discover their own way of life and worldview and to shape the correct life attitudes.
3.Recalling and rediscovering the teaching of St. Pope John Paul II.
contest is open to Voluntary Labour Corps (VLC) participants,
schoolchildren (born in 1995 and younger) and youth from abroad.
Conditions of participation:
1. The participants of the contest can make one or two artworks (one of each of two categories) in following categories:
• artwork (painting, graphic arts, drawing, etc.).
2. Every participant may send 2 works for the competition.
3. The work must be created by just one author (collective work will not be taken under consideration).
4. Photographs can be made using any technique, color or black-and-white. Minimum size of 15 x 21 cm.
Participant declares that he/she is the author of submitted photographs.
The photographs which breached the rights of third-parties or the law will not be considered.
5. Artworks can be made in any technique, in minimum size A3.
Newsletters forms will not be considered.
On the back of each work submitted for the contest should be enclosed
an Information Sheet with the letter or digital " emblem " of the author
(for ex: SOSNA , M124 , etc.).
a separate sealed envelope, enclosed to the work with the same emblem
should be legibly completed and signed Entry Form- full name, surname,
numbers of: HP , SHP , OSiW , CKiW (for VLC participants) , the school
7. Submitted works become the property of the organizer. The organizer does not return them.
8. The organizer reserves the right for free presentation and publishing artworks.
Participant agrees to use his image and personal data in the mass media
and publications along with the information about the contest.
10. Winners will be notified by the organizers about participation in the final event.
11. Submitting works unambiguously acknowledge acceptance of Terms and conditions.
12. The Committee reserves the right to change Terms and conditions of the contest.
DOWNLOAD: STATEMENTS APPLICATION FORM
Evaluation committee (jury) will be appointed by contest organizers.
During assessing artworks jury will take under consideration:
• art work theme compliance with contest theme,
• artistic value of the work,
• originality in approach to the subject,
The works will be awarded in six categories:
• VLC participant – photography,
• VLC participant – art work,
• schoolchildren (non-VLC) – photography,
• schoolchildren (non-VLC) – art work.
• children from abroad – photography,
• children from abroad – art work.
Winners will be honoured with valuable prizes and diplomas during the final event.
1. The decision about amount and type of awards (honourable mentions) and prizes for the winners of the contest take organizers.
2. The jury decisions are final.
3. Receiving prizes - personal on Final Gala, with the exception of winners from outside the Poland.
4. The organizer does not send by post or courier prizes to the winners of the contest.
winning works will be exhibited on the contest day in Culture Centre in
Wadowice, as well as in the main lobby of the Malopolska Provincial
Office and published in a special album.
1. DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES - April 30, 2015
2. Notification to contest winners - May 26, 2015
3. Final Event in Culture Centre in Wadowice - June 11, 2015
Contest submissions – mail to:
6-11 Hufiec Pracy,
34-100 Wadowice, ul. J. Kochanowskiego 3
add postcript „Pope contest” – photography or artwork
Chief of VLC- Jolanta Zacny, tel. 33 823 38 68 int. 110, 122,
Office of Malopolska Provincial VLC Headquarters – Anna Paryła, tel. 12 633 07 06 int. 20
For more information please check websites: www.malopolska.ohp.pl and www.konkurs-papieski.com
6-11 Voluntary Labour Corps VLC in Wadowice,
Malopolska Provincial VLC Headquarters in Krakow,
with the support of the VLC Headquarters in Warsaw